Oh, Iceland....

Awww shucks, Iceland has done it again. Actually, I think this is the first time I've ever had a conscious thought of Iceland affecting my life. As I'm sure you've read, a volcano in Iceland is erupting and all the ash in the air has caused 16000 flights to be canceled today, including ours. We were supposed to fly back to Germany, spend one last night with my host family, and then fly back to the states early Saturday morning. No such luck. We were lucky though, in being able to get a spot (probably one of the last) on a train tomorrow going from Goteborg to Copenhagen, then to Hamburg and finally to Duisburg, which is near the town where my host family lives. I have no idea how the train goes across the water, but I'm excited to find out. We'll be traveling for about 18 hours -- should be an adventure! Wish us luck! I sure hope I make it back before May 15th....

1 comments:

  • Anonymous | April 16, 2010 at 9:24 PM

    Heidi circle the K Norton i had no idea you had a blog! i am so excited! And i am so excited that you are getting married soon. you are just one of my most favorite people and i just love you tons! anyway sorry about your flight, but good luck on your adventure! and hopefully i will see you soon! love you!!

Post a Comment